In my work as a speech and voice coach, here are the top 10 reasons people have for not liking the way that their voices sound:
Men Who Don’t Like The Way Their Voices Sound…
- Voice not deep enough (sounds too feminine)
- Voice lacks gravitas (sounds unconfident)
- Voice not loud enough (sounds unconfident)
- Voice is overly nasal (sounds nerdy)
- Voice is monotone (sounds boring)
Women Who Don’t Like The Way Their Voices Sound…
- Voice is shrill (sounds unpleasant)
- Voice is manly (sounds overly deep)
- Voice is squeaky (sounds too high pitched)
- Voice has mucus (sounds unhealthy)
- Voice is damaged by smoking (sounds unhealthy)
For my help improving the way your voice sounds, check out my Best Voice Profile service.
Professional English: 12 Words You Pronounce Incorrectly.
Quickly remove these embarrassing mistakes by signing up (for email subscribers only).